CHARLOTTE AND THE CHARLATAN
April 24th, 2015
An Octavo Fika presentation from Kalopsia collective
This is a one-off ‘performance-exhibition,’ combining dance, spoken-word, illustration and video installation, costume and textiles and the written word. All elements take, as a starting-point, stories from the artbook, Charlotte & The Charlatan. Each artist is invited to interpret the text freely. The culmination will be a presentation of these collaborations in an engaging, entertaining performance-event, under the banner of Kalopsia’s Octavo Fika project.
Contributors and Performers by:
- curated by Kalopsia
- texts and book by J. A. Sutherland
- illustration, Lizzie Quirke
- spoken word, Paulos Monsterglue, Iona Lee, Tasha Porritt
- dance artist Janine Melanie Wyse
- video installation, Cristina Spiteri
- design/editing, Nicole Strachan Lili King
- costumes, textiles, Kalopsia, & Rachel Lobban
- music, Small Feet Little Toes (https://soundcloud.com/smallfeet-littletoes)
- audience participation, yes!
Suitable only for adults.
The entry charge will include a glass of wine or alternative. Hand-made copies of the book will be available to buy.